3 nights / 4 days
28.05.2022, 18.06.2022, 02.07.2022, 16.07.2022, 30.07.2022,
13.08.2022, 27.08.2022, 03.09.2022, 10.09.2022, 17.09.2022,
24.09.2022, 01.10.2022, 08.10.2022
Tour duration: 3 nights / 4 days
Route: Baku – Gobustan – Mud Volcanoes – Absheron Peninsula – Baku
Accommodation: Accommodation at the Shah Palace hotel or similar in Baku on Bed and Breakfast Basis
Meeting at the airport
Transfer to the hotel. Hotel accommodation (check-in from 14:00)
After breakfast we start to the Daghustu Park, here we get an impressive impression of the city of Baku, the largest city in the Caucasus. The Azerbaijani capital is a place of contrasts, the newer part of the city reflects the cool modernity of an important oil-producing country, which culminates, for example, in the complex of the newly built Haydar Aliyev cultural center, which was only completed in 2014 according to plans by the well-known architect Zaha Hadid. Baku Boulevard stretches for 25 km and is now the second largest boulevard in Europe.
Visit of the The old town Ichari Shahar is surrounded by a fortress ring and lies directly on the Black Sea. The walled part has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2000. Its history can be traced back to the 11th century, when Baku was still ruled by a Muslim dynasty, the Shirvanshahs. When strolling through the alleys in the vicinity of old palaces and caravanserais, as well as mosques and baths, you feel like you have been transported back around 1000 years and can guess how Baku was once a gateway to the famous Silk Road. You will see, among other things, the most curious monument in Baku, the legendary Qız Qalası (Maiden’s Tower), the 15th century palace of Shirvanha “one of the pearls of Azerbaijani architecture” and the Juma Mosque. Also of interest is the very special, worldwide only museum of its kind, the Miniature Book Museum. Some of the books are no bigger than a thumb. The studio of the freelance artist Ali Shamsi is also worth seeing
Overnight in Baku.
After breakfast you will visit the Gobustan National Park, which has been on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 2007. The area is a cultural landscape in the middle of the semi-desert, in an unusually open, unusually well-preserved and unusual composition of unusual Stone Age stone paintings. They were created more than 5,000 years ago, but research doesn’t rule out a period of up to 40,000 years. Here we see rock carvings, prehistoric settlements, mud volcanoes, musical stones known as “hammer blows” and a modern-style museum. On the way we see oil platforms in the Caspian Sea. Visit to the Bibi Heybat complex (including the tomb of Ukeyma Khanum, a descendant of the Prophet Mohammed) and the mosque which houses the tombs of notable people.
Then we go to Ateshgah. This place served as a monastery until 1883. The altar was fed by natural gas escaping here Inscriptions on the temple also indicate its use by Hindus. The once eternal fire can still be admired. Then drive to the Absheron peninsula. Even before our era, the peninsula was a center of the fire-worshiping religion of Zoroastrianism. Pilgrims from Persia made pilgrimages to them and from India, who revered fire as a symbol of purity. These ancient fires became part of Azerbaijani national pride and named their locations “Temple of Fire”.
Lastly, we will visit the village of Mehemmedi on the Absheron Peninsula, where the Yanar Dag Mountain is located, one of the most spectacular natural attractions on the peninsula. The burning mountain region has been burning for thousands of years and cannot be extinguished by rain or sand. The word “Yanar” in Azerbaijani means “burning” and “Dag” means “mountain”.
Overnight in Baku.
Free time. Check out 12:00
Our tour comes to an end. If you want to book an additional day and explore the other site of city, contact to us. If not, then transfer to Airport with good impressions
The rules of arrival at the hotel and the release of hotel rooms:
* For the convenience of tourists, please notify in advance about the early arrivals or late departures of your guests.
* Depending on the hotel, guests may be charged for early check-in or late check-out. Check-in until 08:00 am: a surcharge of 100% of the cost of daily living.
Check in after 08:00 am, but before 14:00: a surcharge of 50% of the cost of daily living.
Rules for booking and payment:
* All reservations must be made in writing, with an exact name of the guests and their dates of birth.
* Payment of all confirmed applications must be made at least 10 days before the planned arrival of tourists to the hotel.
* Children under 2 years old are free.
* Children from 2 years to 6 years free of charge if in the hotels do not require an extra bed.
* Children older than 6 years will be considered as an adult.
Cancellation and penalties:
* All changes and cancellations of already confirmed applications must be made in writing.
* Cancellation of a confirmed application more than 7 days prior to arrival is not subject to penalties.
* If you cancel a confirmed application less than 7 days or more than 3 days before the planned arrival: a penalty of 50% of the full cost of the tour.
* If you cancel a confirmed application less than 3 days or after the date of the planned arrival: a penalty of 100% of the full cost of the tour.
Attention: The cost of the tour is not valid for arrivals during exhibitions, congresses and public holidays.
Travel Company reserves the right to make changes on days of the excursion program and change the order of display of excursion objects.
Contact us for a detailed program of the tour of interest and its cost.
T: +994 12 447 48 43 (Ext.12) | M: +994 50 210 24 16 (WhatsApp) (24/7)
E: [email protected], | W: www.tourtoazerbaijan.com